Why is it important to support small charities?
Small charities don’t often have such a wide profile as large charities, so it’s important to raise awareness on the work they do.
Small charities – like NAB – often provide a lot of locally based resources. For example, our office is in Northampton, and our services – from home visits, additional support in hospitals and events – are based within the Northamptonshire County.
Small charity volunteers
Volunteer – we welcome people who can give as much, or as little time as they can, to help us with our range of services including:
- Befriending our service users (home visits or on the phone)
- Helping with our weekly talking news service
- Helping at our fundraising events
- Supporting our social clubs within the county
- Assisting at our Social Eyes events and activities