Come along and explore the latest products and technologies for blind and partially sighted people from Sight and Sound Technology Ltd. Members of our NAB Community Team will also be on hand to offer support, answer questions and demonstrate magnifiers and low vision aids.
- Thursday 14th June 2018 – 10am-2pm – Northampton Sight Centre. Located at 37 Harborough Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton, NN2 7BB.
- Friday 15th June 2018 – 10am -2pm – Kettering Sight Centre. Located at 22b Wadcroft, behind Greggs on the High Street, Kettering, NN16 8DQ.
There will be a wide range of solutions on the day from Sight and Sound Technology Ltd. These include the BuzzClip and easy-to-use equipment to assist you with reading and writing, solutions to convert printed text to natural-sounding speech and software to help you with all of your computing needs.
For more information call: 01604 798070 or visit Sight and Sound Technology Ltd. Examples of the range of intuitive equipment that will be available for you to view and try are below:
RUBY 7 HD with PivotCam Handheld Video Magnifier
● Vibrant 7-inch screen
● 2x -24x magnification
● Built-in reading stand
● 4 hours continuous use
● Fast reading with no blur
● HDMI port to connect to your TV
● PivotCam offers wide range of viewing modes
ORCAM – MyEye 2.0 – An intuitive wearable device with a smart camera
● Read printed text
● Shop and recognise products
● Identify people on previously stored faces
You can read newspapers, books, signs, labels on consumer products and even text on a computer or smartphone screen!
Portable Scanner and Reader
● Scan, read and magnify text
● Easy to use, lightweight and portable
● 10” monitor with built in anti-glare lights
● Braille display compatible
● Use with rechargeable battery or AC power
● Can be localised for up to 20 languages
● 3 hours continuous use
● 20 high-contrast colour viewing modes